Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Worst Server of the Year Award

McKayle, Brooke, Keelee
Becca, Liz, Shelby
We had our second book club meeting on Monday and I've waited a few days to see if I would settle down a little bit about the TERRIBLE experience we had. Well, it's been a few days, and I still haven't settled down, so I'll post about it. HA!
Let me begin by saying, I did read the book, "The Secret Life of Bees." I know, I know...I actually read the book. Good Job me. Good Job Brooke. Mostly Good Job Keelee...the rest of you need to step it up and actually read the book next month.
These girls are so fun, and so cute...and I loved hanging out with them. The company was great, and the food was great. And, well...the service was the WORST I have ever had. The following is an email that I sent regarding our service that best explains our evening. I never do this, but I was so MAD!! (I'm pretty sure if there is a "Worst Server of the Year Award" our terrible server has won it every year.)
To whom it may concern:
I went to your restaurant on Monday, September 23, at about 7 pm with 6 other girls for our monthly Book Club meeting. While the food was great, I have never had such horrible service in my 31 years of life. We were seated promptly by a very kind hostess and approached rather quickly by our waitress, Kim. Kim filled our drink order efficiently, and she was not seen again for a very long time. An appetizer was brought out by a food runner 50 minutes after ordering. This appetizer, however, was supposed to be the meal of one of the girls.
One of the members of our party then saw another waitress and told her that our food was taking a long time (because we couldn't find our server) and she said "And what do you want me to do about it?" Our salads were being brought right at that time...an hour after our order was placed. We asked our server if we could have drink refills (because they were empty after an hour of not seeing her.) She said "When I get to it" in a VERY rude tone. Why she needed to wait so long, I don't know. After our lack of service, and completely rude waitress, we requested to speak to the manager.
We requested a new server, and told him that we were not happy with the service. The new server, Zach, did refill our drinks and brought our orders out shortly after. He made sure we were happy with the food, and gave us the attention we should have had from the beginning. After he had taken over our table, Kim dropped a plate right behind my chair. The pieces of the plate went all over the floor, onto my purse, and under my feet. This was not cleaned up and I had to step over pieces of broken plate on my way out of the restaurant.
While my overall experience was terrible, the food was actually very good. I did feel the need, however, to comment on the poor service that we were provided by our server, Kim. And, the very unsafe condition of dishes being dropped and not cleaned up promptly.
Sincerely,
Stephanie Hart
I received the following response today:
Ms. Hart,

I would like to apologize for the experience that you had at the Carino’s Italian Grill in West Jordan and thank you for taking the time to email me. Its guests like your self who take the time to communicate their concerns that help us at Carino's Italian Grill be the best that we can be.

I was disappointed to hear about the experience that you had and can offer no excuse for the quality of service that you received. We always strive to provide the best dining experience to all our guests all the time. We obviously did not do a good job on your last visit. Please be assured that I will contact the restaurant and take the appropriate measures to make sure that your experience is not repeated.

I would like to send you a gift certificate and invite you and your group back as my guest. I realize that this is small compensation for the dining experience that you all had at our restaurant. I would hope that you will give us another try and be able to have the dining experience that both you and I would expect. Please email me your address and I will get the gift certificate into the mail right away.

Once again thank you for taking the time to contact me. I am confident that when you visit us next your experience will be a pleasurable one. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if I can be any further assistance.

Sincerely,


Brent Harvey
Carino's Italian Grill
Area Director
So, girls....maybe I'll get something in the mail and if Mr. Harvey comes through, maybe dinner next month can be on him. If so, we should probably go to the Sandy location or Kim might spit in our food or throw more plates at us.

3 comments:

Becca said...

I seriously have NEVER had such HORRIBLE service! I was completely appalled! Very impressed that you took the time to email the manager. Hopefully we'll get some awesome certificates, although we should probably do the curbside to go!

Lisa P. said...

Good for you! I'm glad you let them know. there is no excuse for that. have fun at the next meal (of course at a new location;)

Brooke said...

Woo hoo! That's awesome!!! Thanks Steph!