Sunday, September 21, 2008

Happy Birthday, Kira!



I've never pretended that I am the world's best mom. I can't cook to save my life. In fact, macaroni from the box is about as fancy as I've gotten so far for my little sweet girl. I can't keep the house clean to save my life. I do really well at cleaning for a day, and then days 2 thru 7 of the week are complete chaos in my house. I don't function well on little or no sleep, and that's something that I never have, and probably never will be able to master in my life. I can't keep a schedule. I try really hard to get a routine for Kira to make life easier, and it lasts for a week or so, and then I get a little relaxed and the whole schedule is in the garbage. I don't sing really well, and in fact I'm pretty terrible at it. But, I do know the words to some songs, and sometimes it helps Kira relax a little. I never know what to do when Kira's sick. I either call my mom, or my sister, or a coworker and ask for any words of wisdom because I just don't have a clue. I don't know baby sign language like so many moms teach their kids. I don't know how to do really fancy room decorating, and in fact, I just finally decorated her room. I don't always have the most patience after a long day at work. I can't do her hair really fancy. She doesn't always have the most stylish oufits.

But, what I do know....is that my life changed on September 21, 2007 when my Kira Hope was born into this world. I love my baby with everything that I have. I would do anything and everything for her. I would and will give her the world. I've got a lot to learn. But, one thing she will always know is that her mother loves her. And, as often as she throws a fit, or gets a little fiesty, I know she loves me. It's a crazy thing...the love of a mother. It's unlike anything I've ever felt. I am so thankful that she was born, and she has changed my life forever. I may not have or do everything that a perfect mother would...in fact, I never will. But, Kira will always know that her mother, and father, and family love her...and that she is the reason that I do most everything that I do.

Happy Birthday to my sweet baby. I don't have the words to express how thankful I am for the light she is in my world. I don't have the words to describe the beautiful little spirit that she has. She has a heart full of love, and I am so excited to watch her grow up and become and amazing person.....

Happy Birthday, Kira Hope Hart!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Her hair was really dark when she was born! I also do the mac 'n cheese in the box. It saves so much time! From your posts, you seem like an awesome mom because you have so much love for that little girl. Happy Birthday, Kira!

The Frary's said...

I seriously can NOT believe it has been a year! And you know...all those cute things these mom's do now a' days mean didly squat. All that matters is she knows you love her. So forget about the cute outfits and cute hair and baby sign language--she will never even remember those things! Happy b-day Kira!

Becca said...

She is such a sweet girl and I know that she knows how much you and Kenny love her. It is apparent every time I see the way she looks at both of you. I can also tell how much she loves both of you. You are both amazing parents! Happy Birthday, Kira!

Maribeth said...

Hi! I'm still around! I check your blog here and there when I have time. I finally put another post on mine. It's not much but you'll have to check it out! I just barely saw the comment you put on my blog, oh, about two months ago. Sorry I'm a little slow. I'm totally new to blogging and I really haven't given it the time I'd like to. Working on it, though. So exciting to reach the big number 1! Looks like she had a great party and I love the picture from her actual "birth" day. So sweet. She had tons of hair!
ps. did you know you can microwave boxed mac'n'cheese? It's my latest and greatest discovery. My son get's so happy when I cook with the microwave. Yeah, funny, huh.

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Kira! Wow! Has it been a year already. I feel like it was just yesterday we were talkin about delivery. Well my Sitter, Welcome to my world. It's hard to believe a child could become the whole center of your universe util it actually happens to you. When things that used to be so important, i.e. painting your nails or fixing your hair, no longet have any relvance whatsoever.

Angela said...

Kira is such a sweet baby! It was so fun to see her tear that cake apart :) You are such a great Mom. Your entry made me cry, you are an eloquent writer. Happy Birthday Kira!

Brooke said...

Who is perfect? No one is. And if they look like they are from the outside, on the inside, you can bet your ass they are falling apart. All we can do is love our kids and hope for the best, and you do a great job at loving your little girl! She is lucky to have you for a mom!