Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Burnt Quesadilla

Let's talk about one of the easiest things ever to cook. A cheese quesadilla. Easy, right? I mean, I seriously eat these all the time. You butter the tortilla, put it in the pan with the cheese, wait just a minute...and then you fold it in half, cut it, and eat it. When Kenny's not home... this is usually what I eat for dinner. So, my question to the world is...being 31 years old...how could I possibly burn it? I could not believe it. I had to take a picture. If that doesn't just top off my last week, I don't know what will. I do feel better though, because I know someone who burns ravioli. No names, of course, but I haven't ever done that.
On a better note, my baby will be 1 in 4 days. That's correct, 4 days. And, don't worry. I'm buying the cake...not making it. If I can't cook a quesadilla, I don't dare attempt the cake.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

That is a sad, sad picture.

Becca said...

Bummer!

Lisa P. said...

I burnt brownies the other day, why? because I was blogging. nice;) they still tasted good though which is odd. I think being a mother distracts us from the task at hand, ie. cooking. you're only human:) happy b/day kira in a couple days. so fun!

Stephanie said...

hey, I think Lisa got it right. Having children distracts us from all sorts of things, even cooking. Kira was probably putting something in her mouth or maybe she was just doing something to make you smile. Nonetheless, distracting. All it takes is an extra 30 seconds and your dinner is ruined.

BTW, most grocery stores give you your childs first birthday cake for free. I think it's only like 1/4 sheet but you can always make it bigger and just pay the difference. =) OMG, time flies way too fast. Before you know it, she'll be starting kindergarten! =)

Stephanie said...

Look man, do I have to beg? Can u please send me an invite to read ur blog about ur baby?

Jody said...

Looks appetizing!!............NOT!
I can't believe some of the things I've burnt, all because of taking care of the kids- they are a valid excuse, I use all the time! ;)