Monday, September 8, 2008

Daddy plays softball

lil' ball player

Kira and daddy

Who loves Kira?

Who loves her daddy?

Okay, so Kira has been sick the last few days. I mean, WAY sick...she's thrown up a ton, cried a ton, not slept enough, and poor baby is just needing to sleep it off and get better soon. She seems to be doing a little better, but she's just not herself yet. I feel terrible. There's nothing more heartbreaking than your little child clinging to you crying and then throwing up....and doing it that sad cycle. Gosh, breaks my heart....seriously.

Kenny stayed home with Kira today. He was on baby duty last night which meant that I slept all night and went to work today. He took care of her all night last night and all day today. Tonight it's my turn...and tomorrow also. So, we'll see how much sleep I get.

This is besides the point. Kenny had a softball game tonight and Kira and I went. Her Grandpa Hart was there and I took her just to get her some fresh air and get out of the house. Well, things were okay until she got tired, and she was VERY cranky. Grandpa and I took turns holding the squirmy little girl, and when she started to cry a ton I started to walk away to take a walk with her. I'm holding her and I hear everyone yell " Watch out!!!" I grab her close, and duck because I wasn't sure who they were talking to. I had been watching my baby and not the game. I look up a second later and this guy who was waiting to start his game had caught the softball literally INCHES from Kira's head. I'm not even kidding. INCHES from her head. I almost started crying and I thanked him so many times. I guess you can't take your eye of the game for even a second--lesson learned. Kenny did win his game though, and he did an awesome job!!! I'm glad he joined this team...he loves it, and it's pretty fun to watch. :)

4 comments:

Becca said...

Ahhhh! That's so scary that she almost got hit! Sounds like a good time otherwise. Hopefully Kira will get better soon!

Brooke said...

Oh my gosh! That is so scary! Thank goodness that guy was there to save you two. That could've done some serious damage! I want to come watch Kenny play! I wish Jesse had a softball team. I think that would be SO fun. Hope the little one gets feeling better soon. There's nothing harder than watching your babies be sick :(

Stephanie said...

OMG! Her tiny little head getting hit would've totally sucked. One thing I learned though by dropping my 9 month old from a shopping cart and having to take her to get a cat scan at the hospital ER, is that the docs say at that age, babies heads are very pliable. So although it would've seriously hurt, damage was not likely. At least you don't have that booboo to contend to also. THANK GOODNESS! There are angels watching out for us. Hope your baby feels better. BTW, I seriously hate this word verification thing when we leave a comment. why the heck do they do that? GRRR!

Jody said...

I can't believe she is still sick, poor little girl. I hope she gets better soon. She is pretty lucky to not have gotten hit with the ball- how scary! Thanks again for coming up for Eryn's baptism. We loved having you here along with Kira and Becca.