Kenny and I had a birthday party for Kira today. We had some family and a few friends over to celebrate our baby girl's big day that's actually tomorrow.
Kenny's mom...Grandma Jackie...flew in with Donzlynn yesterday for the big event! We were so excited she could come and we know it was a big sacrifice for her to make it. She got in yesterday, and flies out tomorrow...and boy did she spoil our little girl.
We had pizza, salad, cake and ice cream....and as usual, Becca was there to help me organize and set up. Seriously, since I've been friends with her there hasn't been a party, or anything that she hasn't helped me with...including my wedding. :)
The party started and we had to wake Kira up. All day long she wouldn't sleep...even though she was really tired. We woke her up after most everyone had showed up.
I can't believe that she will be a year tomorrow...I can't believe it!! It's times like these when I'm seriously glad that I blog because I can look past at the last while and I don't feel like it's all a blur.
Michelle loves Kira and loves to make silly faces at her. I'm glad she came. :)
Grandpa Hart, as usual, had Kira in his arms as much as he could. He loves this little baby, and I'm glad that he lives so close and can see her all the time.
Mckayle and Jackie...awwhh....
Grandma and Grandpa Holden (Jackie's parents) came from Fairview for the party. They don't get out here that much, so I was so excited they came. I didn't a good pic of them...Grandma Holden kept making funny faces, but I couldn't catch them. They are such a sweet couple...
Grandpa Hart, Cody, and Grandma Hart....Cody slept half the time...I guess he partied too hard the night before?? But, I'm glad they came and had a good time.
I know that Kenny 's family...is my family too. His grandparents, parents, cousins, siblings, and aunt came. I'm so glad that they came. But, it's been really hard sometimes, especially at times like these, and on holidays when my immediate family isn't around. That's when I am very thankful that I have my girlfriends. Becca, Michelle, Celeste, and Angela...girls who I know I could call and would do just about anything for me. I'm glad they came to be a part of this big day. Now, if we could only get Celeste to move back to Utah...Millie and Kira could be best friends. :)
We all ate pizza, and then settled in the family room for some presents. Kenny held Kira while I opened her gifts....it felt like Christmas!!! I'm so thankful for all of the things that she got...our family and friends are so generous and Kira really is a little spoiled.
Kira got to eat her cake...she loved it. She wasn't shy at all and was in a very good mood with her chocolate mess. But, when I started to see how much cake she'd actually eaten, I was worried she'd get a stomach ache so I took it from her. So, of course that made her mad and she pounded on her tray, flinging chocolate across the room. Silly girl. She ended up making a mess, but not too bad, and Grandma Jackie gave her a bath and she was good as new!
We ordered a cake from Costco for everyone else to eat. It was way cute I thought, and Kenny picked it out himself. Only thing is, they wrote the message in blue...isn't blue for boys? Oh well though...it was a very cute cake.
Kira got clothes, toys, and all kinds of fun stuff. After her bath, she wore one of the shirts McKayle bought her, "Every girl needs a little sparkle." So cute...
Kira got her little car...you can ride on it, or push it....Grandpa Hart gave it to her and she loves it!
Kira made out pretty awesome with all of her fun presents. She got lots of fun toys to play with and lots of stylin' clothes. The big fat guy in the picture is the toy her dad picked out for her. One of those blow up things that you can hit and knock over. Yeah...she thinks it's fun though. :)
Kira has been trying to walk a little bit, and she is a really fast crawler. Problem is, she keeps hitting her face on things...well, today she bonked her lip and got a fat lip. SAD. She cried so hard, and it's her first real injury. This is her sad face. She was so tired.
It was a really long day....Kira went to bed early....but she had much fun playing with her toys. She just crawled around the living room and kitchen with her stuff. I'm so glad that those of you who did, came to support my little baby. And, to those who couldn't...I know you would have loved to come, and we missed you!!! Now the day is coming to a close...I'm sitting relaxing and sad that I have to work at 6am.




4 comments:
The party turned out really cute! The decorations were darling, and the party was a huge success!!! She's so cute, and it was so fun to be at her party and to see her dig in to that cake. Thanks for inviting us! We love you Kira!
I agree with Brooke, the party was a huge success! Thanks for inviting me too! It was so fun to see her opening her gifts and going crazy on the cake. I think you were just as excited for the gifts as Kira was! It was a great day and I was really glad I was able to be a part of it. Thank you. Happy Birthday Kira, Love you!!!
Happy Birthday Kira! Isn't it so much fun to celebrate with a 1 year old!
Happy Birthday Kira! I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you. Okay- that big blow up man thing is a little random, my kids thought it was something maybe Kenny left out from a garage sale. Pretty funny. It'll probably be her favorite toy. We miss you all!!
Post a Comment