Monday, September 29, 2008

Daddy's Got a New Ride

I know, right? You're thinking how can we afford a new ride? Especially one as HOT as this one. Oh that's just it...Kenneth TRADED...that's right....TRADED his truck for this hot ride. Now, settle down...don't get jealous. You all know you want this hot 1979 Blazer...but, it's a one of a kind and I'm not sure there there are many more out there to get. So, if you're nice we MIGHT let you ride in it. Well, Kenny might because, it's another vehicle that I can't drive being that it's a stick shift. And, I can barely even get in the thing. That's besides the point though.
So, most of you know...well, I guess most of you probably don't know....When I met Kenny he had a big white, lifted, dodge. It was one of those "I need to get a lady" vehicles....and it worked. He landed me. The whole time I've know him he's always had an "extra" vehicle. We sold his truck about a year or so ago and made good money on it....but before and still he always has had 2 vehicles. He's had an altima...a jeep...a little truck...a big truck...umm...I'm sure there are more. His last "extra vehicle" was this older truck...he bought for next to nothing, then bought really nice tires and wheels for it. What? I don't understand that...but that's just me. And, I never understood the need for him to have 2 cars, but it makes him happy...so I don't really bug him about it.
Well, the other day he tells me that he's found a Blazer that he wants to trade his truck for. I say, NO WAY. Why? Because his truck runs fine and I just have no idea what he gets himself into when he gets these vehicles. Well, a couple days later I call to say hi, and he tells me he's on his way to "look" at this blazer. WHAT? I say, NO WAY. I call him an hour later, and he's on his way back to work IN THE BLAZER. Well, folks, I guess we know who wears the pants in our family.
I've settled down a bit about it. Really, it looks like....well, a big old rust bucket. But, I can see the potential. I really can. He took off the shell and came to show me it when I was working. It runs fine. He's already got paint for it, someone to put bedliner in it, a new front clip, and well...I'm not sure what else. He's already spent a ton of time on it, and I think it will be a project that he'll love. If any of you know that he used to have an orange blazer that he had to say goodbye to a few years back, this is his replacement I think that just might fill that void. :)
Some of you may catch the sarcasm as I write this...because let's be honest, I really wasn't thrilled with this new trade. It's a big investment of money and time....But, I think Kenny will love fixing it up, and who knows...it might be fun to take to the drive-in when it's done. I'm also posting pictures for the "before" and "after" of his project. Kenny's really not interested in posting on the blog...and that's just fine. Because I love to write about stuff, and then it's always my opinion, right? :) Anyway....here are the pics of the blazer he sent me...he didn't take them. They were the ones the previous owner sent him.
Wait for it........



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boys and their vehicles. My husband does the same thing.

Becca said...

HOT car!!! Can't wait to go cruise State in it!

Brooke said...

I think it's hot.

Angela said...

Wow! This isn't the "after"? :)