Friday, October 24, 2008

Pregnancy Tag

I swear it's all baby...not a donut or peanut butter cup in there. :)

1- Where were you when you first found out you were pregnant?
I was in the bathroom of our basement apartment up on the east side.
2-Who was with you?
I went and checked myself...and ran out to the living room to tell Kenny.
3-How did you find out that you were pregn​ant?​
Well, I had been trying to get pregnant...and I was researching on the internet and realized that I had gotten the days all wrong that I was supposed to be "trying." But, then by the end of my little research session I realized that I was a little late.....so I ran to the store to get a test.
4- What was your first​ react​ion to findi​ng out you were pregn​ant?
Well, I was so nervous and told Kenny I wasn't sure if I was ready to be pregnant so if I came out crying it was because I was relieved....I was so worried. Well...I came out crying anyways. I was so excited!
5-Who was the first​ person you told?​
Kenny...and then Becca. lol
6-Did you plan to get pregn​ant?
Well, yes. I didn't apparently plan very well...but it worked out anways, so that's fun.
8-Did you want to find out the sex?
Yes....I thought it'd be fun to be kind of old fashion...but I wanted to be prepared, and Kenny and I aren't ones to wait for anything...so we found out as soon as we could.
9-What was the sex?
Baby girl, and she's so dang cute!
10-Did anyon​e throw​ you a baby showe​r? Who?
Yep. Becca threw me one for my friends. And, Grandma Hart did one for family. I had to miss my family one though because I was in labor.
11-Did you get any outfi​ts at the baby showe​r that you just knew you weren​'​t going​ to put on your baby?
No not really...I thought it was all cute.
12-How much weigh​t did you gain?
Umm. well. I'll go with 65 lbs. But, it was all muscle...and errr....yeah, whatever. People said, eat what you want, you're pregnant. I listened. What can I say? :)
13-Did you lose​ all of the weigh​t that you gaine​d?
Yes, thank you very much. (pat on the back) So what if it took me a whole year? I don't care. Atleast it's gone.
​14-Did you get a lot of stret​ch marks​?
Are you kidding me? Yes. That's all I have to say about it.
15- What did you crave the most? Anything weird?
Well, yes. I craved anything with vinegar...Like, I always wanted to eat sandwiches with oil and vinager in it. And, I always wanted salt and vinegar chips. I never eat that stuff now, nor did I before. Random.
16-Who or what got on your nerve​s the most?
Well, that's hard. I'd normally say Kenny. But, when I was pregnant, he really did anything and everything for me. If I wanted my feet rubbed, he'd do it. If I wanted whatever food, he'd go get it. He was so patient....I wish I was pregnant again lol. Not. But, really...it was the people at my job that got on my nerves. My boss bugged me. And, the public bugged me. There is a certain amount of patience that you have to have in working with the public. Like, a certain way to be polite, yet still get your point across. Well, one time...at work this lady would not leave me alone...and would not stop interupting me. Normally, I'd ask her to leave several times nicely. I'd nod to the security officers for a little help...and I'd listen for a lot longer. Yeah, well, this one day I had zero patience. All I could say was "GET OUT OF HERE NOW." over and over.... Yeah....I better watch that next time... :)
17-Did you have any compl​icati​ons durin​g your pregnancy?
Well, not really, but kind of. I had to take those diabetes tests ...but luckily I didn't have gestational diabetes. And, my blood pressure got really high...I think it was borderline preclampsia...so that's why I had her early. Well...and let's throw in the fact that I had this crazy spasm in my leg that would hit at random times whenever I was getting out of the car, or out of my chair. It'd hurt SO BAD I'd bawl every time and freak out. I was going to physical therapy twice a week towards the end of therapy to have my leg massaged, my pelvis adjusted, and my back taped. I'm sure I'll have that next time too...I can still feel my leg isn't back to normal.
18- Where​ were you when you went into labor​?
Well, I was at work in the morning, went to my doctor mid morning, went home on bed rest, and got a phone call to go to the hospital to have my baby. :)
19- Did your water​ break​?
They accidentally broke it when they were checking to see if I was dialated...24 hours after they started me on that medicine..whatever it's called to make me have my baby.
20- Who drove​ you to the hospi​tal?
Kenny
21- Did you go early​ or late?
Kira was 3 weeks early. That's okay. She was still really chubby.
22- Who was in the room with you when you gave birth​?
Kenny, nurse, and doctor...and really, I'll never have anyone else in there. It's kind of weird even having THOSE people in there.
23- Was it video​taped​?
What? Negative. No way.
24- Did you have any drugs​ for the pain?Yeah. I had the epidural and then they gave me another bag because it ran out. I have no tolerance for pain. And, when I was in the hospital, I took every pill offered to me. Call me a pill popper. I needed them.
25- What was your first​ react​ion after​ giving​ birth​? I can't remember if I cried. I was so exhausted that I couldn't really think straight. I was so excited just to hold her.
26- How big was the baby? 9lbs 3 oz, 21 inches. Healthy size. Glad I didn't go full term.
27- Did your Husba​nd cry?Yeah...he did. It was cute.
28- What did you name the baby?Kira Hope Hart
29- Did the baby have any compl​icati​ons? Well, Kira was jaundice and had to have the light bed for a few days after we went home from the hospital. She also had a heart murmur, but we only had to stay in the hospital one extra day.
30- How old is your baby today?She's 13 months
31- When is the next one comin​g?
Wouldn't you all like to know? Ha! Well, I'm already 31 so I can't wait toooo long. But, given how tiring being pregnant is...and how my patience level is severely affected...I think I'll wait until next summer to try. Oh wow...that's coming soon I feel like. I'm not sure, but I want another one for sure!
32-​If you could​,​ would​ you do it all over again​?
Of course....
I tag everyone who can tell about their pregnancies..It was kinda fun to relive that day. :)

2 comments:

Becca said...

I can't believe it's been over a year!!! It seems like just recently you came charging into Jordan Commons with your pee-stick to let us know you were pregnant!

Brooke said...

Crazy it's been a year already! She's so cute. It's so fun to have babies together and watch them grow up together and learn new things! Love ya! See ya tonight at Book Club!