Thursday, October 9, 2008

3 Women, 3 Hours, 3 Stories=Tears and Laughter


Everyone always says that people come into your life for a reason....etc. Blah, Blah, Blah...you all know the story. Well, tonight, I really felt like that was true. I had the chance to go to dinner with 2 women (whose identities will remain anonymous :) ) whom I either have not had the chance to bond with, nor ever really thought I'd have the desire to bond with. But, recently I have developed a friendship with each of them that has made a huge difference in my life...especially tonight.
Each of us have completely different lives. We come from different backgrounds. We are from different worlds. We have different opinions. We are in different places in our lives. We have totally different personalities. We have different living situations, different priorities, and different lifestyles.
For hours, however, our differences were not so apparent as we shared our life stories. Our good times, our hardest times. We laughed. We cried. We gave advice--whether it was asked for or not. We shared our thoughts and feelings without judgement.
Our lives, starting from 3 separate places, have intertwined for some reason now...at this point. These friendships have helped open new doors, and helped slam some old ones. Thanks ladies...for the fun evening out, for your friendship, and for helping me remember to just breathe.

4 comments:

Jody said...

How great to connect with friends that way. Glad you had a great night.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a good night for you.... I'm glad you got the chance to have a night out with your friends.... I wish I had friends like that :)

Angela said...

Sounds perfect!

Brklyngrl said...

Where can I get friends like that? Could I PLEASE borrow them?