Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Teething Baby = Exhausted Mom

Let me, before I begin, confirm the following: I love being a mom, and I love my baby. (That needed to be said before I continue.)

Okay, now that that's said.....I have to vent for just a minute. I have been lucky to have a few nights of full sleep since I have had Kira. (No, they have not been recently.) I have been lucky that my baby is a super happy baby and is very comfortable being held and babysat by just about anyone. I am lucky that besides a few little viruses Kira has been really healthy. I am lucky that Kira smiles a lot, cuddles a lot, plays a lot, and laughs a lot. She is the sweetest daughter and I am so lucky to have her.

But, I am going INSANE. No really, I am going insane. This is why.

I don't know if Kira is at the age, or I have conditioned her to do the following.... She does these things when she and I are hanging out alone:

Cry when I walk out of the room.
Cry when she can't see me and I am in same room.
Cry when I put her in her crib.
Cry every hour or two in the middle of the night, until I put her in the bed with me.

This is the problem with these activities:

Mom is tired.
Mom is frustrated.
Mom is tired.
Mom is tired.
Oh, and Mom is tired.

Does anyone know what I am supposed to do??? (rhetorical question) I mean, the advice that everyone gives, and I am trying to live by is --let her cry. Seriously. I put Kira in her bed....with her music, full tummy, she's almost asleep....as soon as her body hits the mattress.....she cries. Not only does she cry, but she screams, and she does the "I am crying so hard I can hardly breath"cry. And, it doesn't stop after a few minutes. No, it doesn't. It doesn't stop after 1/2 hour....So, I'm trying to put her in bed, and let her cry so she can get herself to sleep. I'm doing a little better at that. And, when she cries when I walk out of the room, I'm doing better with that too. But, this middle of the night thing....wow, it's hard. I admire and am jealous of mothers who have the patience of angels at 11pm, 1am, 3am, 5am. Not me. I'm going bonkers. Love her, but I'm going bonkers.

So, I've been frustrated...can't figure out what the heck is going on.... Then, I see 3 more teeth coming in. Yeah, my poor baby is cutting 3 teeth right now. No wonder she's a wreck...poor thing. I just bought these tablets that everyone swears by...I'm going to give them to her tonight. She's going to need them. Because, it's 4:15 pm, and do you think Kira has had a nap at all today? Nope....are you kidding me? How does an 8 month old not take a nap? Wow. Tonight should be interesting.

I have no pictures to post with this venting session. If I did, it would be of my screaming child, or of me pulling handfuls of my hair out. Neither of which would make for great photo ops if you know what I mean.

Anyways, here's to trying these apparently amazing tablets that give me hope for a full night of sleep tonight. I'm crossing my fingers.

1 comments:

Brooke said...

Aw, poor little baby love. I was the same way when Sayer got her molars a couple months ago. What tablets? No one ever told me about any tablets! Sorry you're so sleepy! If I lived closer, I would totally take her for ya so you could have a good nap!