
Kira and I went to breakfast with Celeste, Angela, Becca, Milli and Emma. We had a good time just catching up....Celeste has moved out to the middle of nowhere, so it's fun to see her when she comes back into town. And, as always, good to see the others. :)
We were talking today about being mothers...and how crazy life can get, and how hard it can be sometimes. Simple things become events when you take your child and all the things they need for the day. From back problems, lack of sleep (that's a big one for me), cranky babies, sick babies...just everything....being a mother can be a challenge. When Kira was born, life as I knew it was over. I've always wanted to be a mother, but I had no idea how much life changes. No longer can I be selfish--never again. I have a child now...and she reshaped my whole world. It's awesome...but, a huge adjustment at the same time...sometimes after those sleepless nights, or several in a row... I just wonder how I can do it...
But, as I was driving home, and I hear Kira talking...well, kind of talking, I realize that no matter how hard my day is...like today I just wanted to sleep all day because Kira was up all night... (She's not feeling well, and I now I think we're all sick)--hearing her little babble makes me smile. Watching her roll around, play with her toys, spit out her food, snuggle with Dad or I, get excited about anything, wave her hands back and forth, get a new tooth, grow bigger and stronger, recognize family and friends, drink her own bottle...anything that she does--makes anything that I will have to sacrifice as a mother worth it. And now, and only now, can I appreciate what my mother sacrificed so that I could have what I wanted, go where I wanted, have the education I wanted, go to every school activity that I wanted....I know now that all the hugs, teaching, love, sacrifice...everything she did for me, made me who I am today. So, I am thankful for my mother, and I am greatful to be a mother. It's the biggest change of my life, but it's also the best! :)
Friday, May 23, 2008
Motherhood
Posted by Stephanie at 3:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
That's all so very true. Especially the part about not being able to be selfish anymore. I guess it's good for us! :)
I make my heart sing to realize how much you enjoy being a mother. Always looking on the bright side and having fun and challenging experiences!
Post a Comment