Saturday, May 10, 2008

Let's talk about the dentist...


Okay, so how long have I been going to the dentist? Oh...let's say 25 to 30 years. And, how long have they been telling me to floss twice a day? Oh...let's say 25 to 30 years. So, do you think that I would do it? No, really...do you think that if I've been told for that long to do something that I might do it? Yeah, well, apparently that's not how I operate. So, after been told that my teeth look really nice by the tech, and her asking if I bleach them because they are so pretty and white...and after getting my teeth cleaned and feeling like things are going pretty good...I get the smack down. I have two cavities. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Sad. I hate cavities. Seriously, I wanted to cry. Why? Because I'm afraid my teeth are going to fall out one day. And, because they are in the lower left part of my mouth. This means nothing to anyone but me, and Dr. Almond, my dentist. This, family and friends...is the only part of my mouth that does not get numb. Yeah, that's right. The last work I had done in that part of my mouth I felt it all. I felt the drill as tears poured down my face. I had 4 shots last time. Yeah, 4 shots of whatever stuff they give you, and my mouth did not get numb. So,...in two weeks I'll be back at the dentist to enjoy the drill. (sigh)
On the positive side, I took Kira with me to the dentist and she loved it. When they called to remind me of my appointment the other day (which I had forgotten about.) I was talking out loud and said I would just cancel my lunch plans because it was too close to my appointment and I'd have to go get her from the sitter. They said bring her. So, I said okay. Why not, right? I love the girls that work there, and it's so convenient for me. I mean, seriously...how many dentist offices babysit your baby while they're cleaning your teeth. Love it!

0 comments: