Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mommy Tag


1- Typically, what time do you wake up?
On days that I work, I'm up at 5:30am. On days that I don't work, I wake up at about 5:30am, and then go back to sleep after Kira gets her bottle.

2- On a good night, what time are your kids in bed?
I'm working on a schedule...right now it's about 9pm.

3- How long have you been a mommy?
8 months today.

4- How old were you when you became a mom?
30 years old

5- What is your favorite kids TV show?
Well, we're not really into kids shows just yet.

6- What is your least favorite kids TV show?
Well, they might not be kids shows...but whatever cartoons Kenny watches.

7- What is your favorite chore?
Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE any chore. You can tell because my house is SO organized and SO always perfect. Or not. Let's be honest. I hate chores, but I love my house when they're all done.

8- What is your favorite meal to cook?
Taco salad...you can't really mess it up.

9- What meal do you cook most often?
Anything taco-ish or taco salad. Why? Because I can't mess it up. :)

10- What is your kids' favorite meal?
Kira loves umm...food. Anything mushy.

11- What's your favorite thing your husband does with your kids?
I love when I put Kira in bed with Dad when I leave for work and she snuggles right up to him. And, I love that he can make her laugh....it's hilarious.

12- What are 5 things that make you smile when you're being a mom?
-When Kira falls asleep and snuggles up to me
-Watching every new thing that Kira learns or does
-Seeing her face
-Watching her face go from crying to smiling when I sing to her (maybe she thinks I'm funny?)
-Just being with my baby

13-If you could take your kids anywhere, where would it be?
I'd take her to my parents, Kenny's parents...and my siblings' houses so they could see her more

14- When was the last time you went out without your kids?
I usually take her everywhere except work. But, hmm...we went out to dinner a monthish or so ago without her..

15- What is your favorite activity to do with your kids?
Well, it sounds lame, but I like to feed her. She's always happy when she's eating and it cracks me up what a mess we make.

16- Name one thing you said you'd never say as a mother?
I'll never swear at or around my children.

17- Name something you do that your own mom did.
I sing "I love the Mountains" to help Kira get to sleep or calm her down. I always remember my mom singing that to me when it was bedtime.

18- What is your favorite quality your mom has?
She has a huge heart, and would do anything for anyone, especially her family.

19- What is your favorite kids book?
I'm undecided on this very important matter. :)

20- What is your favorite advice for new moms?
Sleep when you can. Don't let the little things bug you. Take time for yourself, even if it's only 15 min. a day... or you'll go insane.

21- What is your most heartbreaking moment as a mom?
When I found out Kira had a little problem with her heart. I felt so helpless and scared.

22- What is your most joyful moment as a mom?
Every second of every day...happy my baby is alive and healthy....and loved.

23- When was the last time you told one of your kids, "I love you"?
When I just put her down for a nap.

24- When was the last time you were told, "I love you" by your kids?
Well, she can't really say it yet, but I'm pretty sure she tells me with her snuggles and smiles every day.


I tag Julie, Jody and Lisa

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! It's so great to hear from you! I'm so happy you have a daughter and a family! We definitely need to keep in touch. I'm adding you to my list as well!