Okay, so Kira is cutting ANOTHER tooth. Yes, folks, ANOTHER tooth. I'm happy for her...glad she's getting in these chompers, but really...it's not the most fun thing in the world. Now, the runny nose...okay. The extra slobber...not a big deal. The extra crankiness...a little frustrating, but really, not a big deal. But, now I'm not trying to be gross...but the mess in her diapers... umm...yuck. It's... let's say..not as solid. And, right now I'm trying to decide if Kira's just teething or a little sick also. She's had way more than usual messy diapers...and the kind that's not fun to clean up.
Anyways, I go to pick her up from her babysitter's yesterday and she's told me that once again Kira is not doing so well on the keeping her diapers clean for very long. Her poor bum can't really take it. So, my babysitter says maybe when I get her home, just let her be without a diaper for a while. You know, let her bum air out. So, I'm thinking...okay that sounds like a good idea. I get the concept.
Yesterday Kira's had another rough afternoon ...poor thing. So, when Kenny's home and I've just changed her diaper AGAIN...I tell him that I want to let Kira just hangout in her playpen without a diaper, and could he please set it up for me. He tells me he doesn't think that's the greatest idea, but I tell him...no that's what I want. I'll just put a blanket down and if she makes a mess, no big deal... I'll throw the blanket in the washer... Right? I thought it was a great idea. Well, he goes to get the playpen and I start cleaning off my craft table so I can move it out of the way. Seriously, no more than 2 minutes after I'd taken her diaper off and she's crawling around the room I hear a big fart. Like, adult size. And, I start to laugh so hard because I know it's Kira until I look over and see what came out ON MY CARPET. Sad. So, I start calling for Kenny. He runs in the room...his face was priceless as he realized what happened. He takes her up to the bathtub, and brilliant me gets to work on the carpet. Okay, lesson learned. Yes, I'm a first time mom. And no, I will never do that again.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Lesson Learned...the hard way.
Posted by Stephanie at 3:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
that is AWESOME!!!! great great story to have. Teeth and diapers and red bums are so hard. can show you some really sad bums from joshua...so sad.
oK so hilarious! but of course I feel sorry for you but it is funny. We need to chat about teething babies. I think that is exactly what hudson is going thru right now, cranky, runny nose, messy diapers. I think it really is all related to teething. I see two teeth coming in. No fun:(
I love it! I totally thought she was gonna have a blow-out while I was holding her last night. Sorry I made her cry by scaring her. :(
That's hilarious and sounds like something that I would do. I thought you had a good thing going there...
Post a Comment