Let me begin by adding a disclaimer. I do not, have never, and never will-have anything against those who proudly claim to be "Redneck" or "White Trash." I mean, if that is your lifestyle--Embrace it. Be proud. Shout it from the top of your silver motor home with tin foil in the windows. I mean, really. I have no issues with this. So, when I refer to this as being my White Trash baby pool--I am not making fun, I am giving you a good idea. So, you too can have a white trash baby pool like me. I was born in Kentucky, so I embrace my White Trash tendencies.
The story behind my new invention:
So, yesterday I was home with the baby all day. Kenny went golfing with his dad and so Kira and I were hanging out. We decided that after our Saturday errands were done, we didn't really feel like cleaning up the porch. I kind of like storing all of our personal belongings out there, and well...that's just what I like to do. We had a couple ideas of how to better spend our time. We could shop--and well, that always turns into a huge day out because Kira really doesn't know when enough is enough. I mean, she'll spend the whole bank account in one day. But, the swap meets were just so far away, and I didn't think the car would make it. Besides, I just put $1.50 in the tank, and I was hoping to make it to work today. We thought about watching Joe Dirt a couple more times, but well, we've practically memorized it and it makes me jealous that Kira's mullet just isn't working out how I'd planned. We thought about going to the pool at the clubhouse, but I didn't really want to go. Besides, the sun was waaaaay too hot. So, hmm. We brainstormed. Then I got a great idea. Let's get a baby pool. Well, here was the problem. I didn't want a blow up one because...well, you gotta blow it up and deflate it everytime you want to use it. And, that's just a lot of work. And, I couldn't get one of those plastic ones, because it wouldn't fit in my trunk, and I haven't yet mastered Kenny's stick shift truck. Well, then I thought we could just play in the bath tub--but what's the fun in that? So, I went and got a laundry basket from the closet. I dumped the clothes right on the floor and I headed out front. I couldn't fill the pool with the hose because the water was too cold, so I got a big cooler from the garage and filled it with tap water. I carried it out front and dumped it right in our new pool. I put Kira in it. We were just at home, so no need for her bathing suit--a swimmer diaper did just fine. She played with her toys while I sat in a chair under the shade of my very own porch. What a great idea! I mean, the pool never gets overfilled because there's holes on the side to keep you from putting too much water in. It's not that heavy so you can put her in the shade or the sun with a slight push or tug at the basket---but be careful because any sudden movement will splash all the water right out! Then, after you've had your fill of fun, you just dump the water in the grass, and easy as that--you're all done! Anyways, I'm sharing this idea to any of those who aren't as creative as I. Feel free to share with me any of your White Trash traditions in the comments below. I'd love to use them.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
White Trash Baby Pool
Posted by Stephanie at 7:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







6 comments:
That is too cute! I love it. Don't worry, I've never noticed your white trash tendencies!!! It sounds like a perfect swimming pool.
That is the cutest thing ever! You are such a fun mom! We do need a playdate. I'm sorry. My life has been overwhelming lately. I totally want to get together on a friday. You have a pool?? hmm that might be fun. What about the 18th? It's totally in advance but my next couple fridays are full. let me know:) Or if you have evenings free we could do that?
That is hilarious! The most redneck pool I've ever used was when we got brand new garbage cans in West Valley when I was a kid. We filled them up with water and sat in them. We also put people in them and gave rides around the neighborhood. Good times!
I was seriously laughing out loud while reading this. I love it! I did hear of another 'white trash swimming pool' idea. I have a family member that went to a swimming party and they put a tarp in the back of a pick up and filled it up! You should have Kenny park the truck in the drive one day and try it out! Nobody would think it was weird I bet. I think they had a slip 'n slide on garbage bags at the same party.
She is so cute. Her little legs are so freaking darling and chubby. I can't wait to see her!
Thanks so much for finding me! Now I can stay updated on your life too! Your little angle is SO cute!!!
Post a Comment