Sunday, June 22, 2008

McKayle and Stephanie: Professional Medal Hangers

McKayle and I were volunteers yesterday at the Wasatch Back Relay. This is a race where a team of 12 members runs a relay race from Logan to Park City. The race and the money they earn benefits Operation Kids. Well, one of my friends is on a team, and had to have a few volunteers for his team so McKayle and I were two of them. It was a pretty fun day, and I'd say that we definitely completed our good deed for atleast through the summer. Pictured here I am trying to fake a smile...it's towards the end of our shift and the sun was getting to me. I'm unwrapping these medals that all the runners get.

McKayle is pictured here taking a slight break from the sun. She and I both gave out medals until things started to get ahead of us, and then she gave the medals while I unwrapped. Really, we were the hardest working team, and really had great teamwork.

McKayle met her soulmate yesterday. In this picture she's trying not to look interested, but she totally is. See the grin on her face? Sad thing is, she didn't get his name, or his number, but she'll be back there next year waiting to put another medal around his neck.

As we were leaving we were soooooo tired from the blazing hot sun. I mean, we weren't running or anything, but we did stand for 5 hours and lift our hands up and down alot putting medals over all these runners necks. I'm not sure of an exact count, but I mean...hundreds and hundreds of medals crossed through our fingers. We're talking major hard work people. Anyways, when we were leaving, we saw these beautiful cones and stopped for a perfect photo for the end of the day. Thanks McKayle for being the best partner I ever could have asked for. No one else could have said "Good Job" as many times and as energetic sounding as you...and dealt with the sweat all over your hands as much as you!!! I really feel like we did such a good job. I mean, we're talking maybe Olympics next time they come around. They need help giving out medals don't they?

Smokin'

So cute?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was very nice of you to help a friend.

Becca said...

What an entertaining day, I bet! Btw, those pics of you are super cute!

Brooke said...

Good work girls. I'm not down to sit in the sun for that long, and had I done just that, I probably would have puked on them instead of giving them their medals. Looks like you had a fun day though.