Friday, June 27, 2008

Complicated.... Yet Simple

Life isn't always as simple as it seems and it's hard to explain that-especially when posting things on my blog. There are, of course, pictures of things I do, places I go, and people I spend time with. Rarely is there anything posted but my day to day activities (or week by week as it seems lately....) And, that's okay. Maybe family and friends just want to know about how Kira is doing, and what we did last weekend. And perhaps it's best to leave out the details and thoughts of everyday life. I've decided that life is often misleading because it's the simple things in life that often are the most complicated... and they can rarely be captured on film, or in a few segments of a blog. Life can get crazy. Chores can build up. Work can get annoying. Communication can get foggy. Some days are easy. Some days are almost too hard to get through. And the things that are simple, or perceived as such, can very quickly turn into a complicated mess. Last night I got home from spending time with Michelle and Becca downtown and having longs talks about life--and life seemed a little more clear. The basics in life are very simple, until we complicate them in our own minds and hearts. I've had many good days, and many bad in my life. But, there several moments on each end of the spectrum that stand out. I've learned many lessons from each, and will really never be the same. It's the lessons that I've learned that help simplify my life, and the choices that I make.
Kira and I sat by a waterfall at Gateway last night. We watched the kids play in the water. We dipped our feet in the little pond. It's moments like these when I realize how simple my life is. I have an amazing daughter who is healthy, adorable, fun, and has something new to learn each day. I have been given the gift of a daughter to love with everything that I have, and who also loves me in return. My example and my direction (along with Kenny's and others around her) is all that she has to learn by. I am responsible to raise her and care for her and every decision that I make has an impact on her.
So, I've come to a little more clarity in life-Kira is one of the most amazing blessings that I have ever been lucky enough to receive in my life. One of my purposes in life is to be the best mother that I can. I know that every day isn't easy--and I'm sure there are more rough days ahead---but the innocence of a child, and the simpleness of loving her, is enough to get me through every day of the rest of my life. Funny how life can become so simple when looking at a 22lb chubby cheeked sweetheart, huh?

Kira and Mom

Michelle and Kira

I love to watch her smile

Michelle and Becca

1 comments:

Becca said...

You have such great insights, I love to read and hear. You are always able to articulate them so well. It's amazing how the simplest things in life can bring the greatest joy!