So, it's official folks. The time has come. I'm leaving the jail. I've turned in my resignation, so it's safe to announce. I know, I know...It's not like I was tied down to this place, or stuck inside with no way out. But, as most of you know I've worked with the Sheriff's Office for almost 5 years now...and I am sadly saying goodbye.
I started as a clerk 5 years ago...had a good time, and made lots of friends. I was promoted to a Supervisor 2 years ago, and have really loved every part of it. I love my job, and I love my staff. And, I've always said that.
But, an opportunity came to apply for a new position as Officer Supervisor in Family Health with the Salt Lake Valley Health Department. It's higher pay, weekends and holidays off, and my own way nice office. It's trading my uniform for business attire. It's a chance to learn more, develop new skills, and have an opportunity to grow.
Change has always been hard for me. Especially when the change is coming because I know that's a good thing for me to do in a professional sense, and for my family...but my comfort zone is what usually comes first. Not this time. I am leaving what I've known and what I've done for the past 5 years and taking the risk that it was a smart move on my part. Let's hope that it was.
I'm stepping into a position--supervising people I don't know, dealing with a subject matter that is not familiar, working in fast paced enviroment with busy, busy people...and having to just do my best and hope it all works out.
So...for those at the jail....gosh it'll be hard to leave my friends and co-workers and I've loved working with you all. And for my family and friends....guess what? I won't miss anymore family parties because I'll have weekends off and never work afternoons again....!!! :)
On a side note--I am aware that I've lacked slightly in the blogging...I mean, it has been almost a week....but with me stressing over my interview, etc....I neglected the blog. I'll be back on track though!! :)
Saturday, November 1, 2008
And..... She's Finally Getting Out of Jail....
Posted by Stephanie at 11:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW JOB.
I HAVE A GET OUT OF JAIL FREE CARD
YOU SHOULD HAVE GIVEN IT TO RESIGN
LOL
I NEED A PIC OF THE LITTLE PUPPY!
HALLOWEEN PIC PLEASE!!!!
MOM
Congrats on the new job!
Steph I'm so excited for you! Sometimes change is such a good thing. It looks like there are a lot of pros to the new job. Let me know how it goes:)
Congrats Steph! Sounds like a good move. It's always hard changing jobs- you'll do great, I'm sure.
Yay! I'm so happy for you! I've always worried about you working there. You'll be awesome at this new job, and I'm so happy that you won't have to miss anymore family things. Yay!
I'd say you've been slacking on the blogging! Where are the Halloween pics? I'm going to need to see that baby in her costume!
Love ya!
You better get back on track with the blogging! I keep checking and nothing!
Congrats again on your new job! I'm super excited for you!
Congrats! How exciting for you. I'm very happy that you will be getting out of the jail. Good luck.
CONGRATS ALL THE WAY BABY...YOU GO GIRLIE GIRL!!!! Hey by the way, keep forgetting to ask you or tell you however you choose to look at it...will you please make me a cd to listen to in my car...you have such great music taste...all of it, whatever you are feelin...just would love that from you at some point!!
CONGRATS AGAIN.
Wow, Congrats Steph!!! I can't wait to hear more. This is so exciting!!! When do we party? :)
Post a Comment