My parents got tickets for us all to ride the Alpine slide...what great idea, right? This will be fun...all of the kids and grandkids that were here got to go, except of course Kira and Kamdyn who hung out with my mom and dad while we went off on our adventure. It started off really great. Kenny and I went on the lift together. It was a beautiful view, and just a great little bit of time to chat and talk about life.
Troy and Julie went together. The boys went together, and then Kyle, Jody and their girls went together. This is all turning out just perfect.
Kenny was a gentleman and carried my sled thing. It was bulky and annoying to drag, so he just carried them both. He looked cute as could be on the little sled, and even gave me a head start.
The little kids had someone help them on the sled...
But, Kenny and I didn't have to...so we decided to race. That's fun, right? Well, what Kenny decides to do is give me a head start. He does this so he can beat me, and then say it's even a better win because he let me start first. So, we are racing down the slide, and I'm a little chicken so I use the breaks a bit. Well, he starts flying down the track and catches up with me. I start screaming because I'm going too fast and I can't believe he caught up with me. Then, without warning, we are rounding the corner and I see Kenny fly off his sled and onto the track. He slides head first. I freak out. I couldn't believe it. But, he gets back on his sled and finishes the track. I can tell it freaked him out a little bit, but no bid deal, right? Sad...He's got some wounds.....OUCH.
After we got back to the room, he went out to the store and got some bandaids and peroxide to put on his cuts. He's got them all over. I've been feeling really bad about it because he doesn't usually complain, and they really hurt. But, I figure none of this would have happened if he'd just let me win. Geez. Some men never learn. :)




4 comments:
LOL! That sucks so bad! I have totally done that before. That's what he gets for showin off, I guess! ;)
Wow! I've heard of so many people that get hurt on that slide. I've never been but I'm scared!
It happens EVERY YEAR. Someone ALWAYS gets hurt! Slow down! Looks like you guys are having a great time!
i miss the alpine slide! it stinks to get hurt, but it's worth it, right! ;)Leah
Post a Comment