Saturday, January 31, 2009

She's getting so big

Kira can now say the following:
1. Da or Dada (of course meaning daddy...and she says it all the time, esp when she's looking for him)
2. Ma or mama (that's me! Yay!)
3. Bepa (that's Becca)
4. Boat
5. Duke (he's our dog...and she's so cute when she calls him)
6. Shoe
7. Whassat (what's that) and it's even cuter when she says "wow, whassat?"
8. uh-oh
9. No (and she still uses it way too much)
10. Milk (she knows what it is, and asks for it)
11. Meow (I still don't know why she says that all the time, but it's hilarious)
12. Another word which I won't tell --but ask Aunt McKayle what it is.

Kira is at the stage where really every word you say to her, she will try and say back if she can. It takes her a while to get it...but she is doing really well.

Her favorite activity is to go into the bathroom and roll all of the toiletpaper onto the floor..so all the bathroom doors stay shut now. She's also very huggable and will sit and just be happy relaxing on your lap. She can pretty much almost run when she wants to. This is usually when she has something that is about to be taken away from her. She calls "Ma and Da" from her crib which is so cute, but also slightly annoying when I'm tired. :)

She just started a few days ago acting like a cheesy girl when she's eating. She's always been silly when she's running up for a hug, or smiling for the camera where she scrunches up her face so much her eyes are closed. Well, now she does that when I'm feeding her.... if i'm feeding her anything that's she's not picking up with her own fingers she opens wide and closes her eyes. What? I guess whatever works, right?

And, perhaps the cutest thing she does...is show how much she loves her mom and dad. If I'm sitting with my head in my hands...whether i'm tired or resting my eyes...she runs over to make sure I'm okay. If her dad falls asleep on the couch, and she can't see his face, she will hit him on the shoulder until he looks over at her and then she goes back to playing. It's adorable. Seriously, adorable.

Kira goes to Primary Children's on Tuesday to follow up with her heart murmur. I'm slightly worried, but not as much as I thought I'd be because she just seems so healthy. I thought that the little holes in her heart would have closed by now, but hopefully it won't really affect her. I'm just glad she's happy and smiling...so so fun. She's growing up way too fast!

2 comments:

Jody said...

Just thinking of her saying all those words sounds cute. She is growing up fast. I hope to see her (and you two) soon. Keep us posted about the heart mummer, we'll be thinking of you.

Leah said...

She is so cute, how fun! :) I hope everything goes well tomorrow, I'll keep her in my prayers. Miss you guys, Leah