
As most of you know, I worked at the jail for 5 years, and left to work for the health department about a year ago. When I worked at the jail there was an officer named Johnny. Now, we weren't bff's or anything, but I've chatted with him, and I obviously worked with him, and he was such a nice guy. Several months ago (I can't even remember exactly when) he got in a terrible bike accident, and was hurt pretty badly. He's made an amazing recovery and is such an example of how a positive outlook, a great support system, and whatever else he had on his side was helping him in get back to his "old self." (No, I'm not saying he's old...you know what I mean.) Well, Jacqui and he are good friends, so I went along with her to go visit him (he lives out in the boonies with his parents for the moment.) We went to visit, ended up going on a "hike" to see a really cool waterfall, and it was just so fun to get out and be in the fresh air. Kira loved stomping around in the muddy snow, and I loved a fun little roadtrip and hanging out. I'd love to take Kira there again in the summer to play in the water.
0 comments:
Post a Comment