The fact that I am not organized is not a secret. Sometimes I am, but usually not. But I really do try. I guess I'm not a natural at it...and it's not from being raised that way. My house that I grew up in was always clean. We all had our chores. We all helped out. But, don't think for a second that when I cleaned my room when I was younger and things were just shoved in my drawers or under my bed that my mother didn't dump that stuff right back on the floor and tell me to put it away properly. It was the only thing that worked with me. But, making myself do it myself as I get older is soooo hard.
Okay. So, when I moved into this house a couple years ago, the closet under the stairs was the PERFECT place for me to store all of my crafts, and also a few things that shouldn't be in the garage (I have a townhouse, so no basement.) I put my stuff on the shelves, put my craft cart in, and the boxes around the corner. SO perfect, right?
Well, this closet quickly became where I put everything I didn't know where to put. I put coats in there and really every random thing that I had no place for. Especially when someone was coming over and I had to hurry and pick up the house. It became so full of really....I had no idea what that I could hardly get in there. Even if I wanted to get my crafts out I couldn't get in there. It was really sad.
Also at the same time...we were having a slight problem with Kira's growing supply of toys. They weren't fitting in the toy basket. They were getting everywhere, and it was really not fun because the only space she has of her own is her room, and I don't like for her to hang out up there too much on her own.
Anyway-Long story. Jacqui, once again, helped me simplify. We pulled out all of my stuff (really, it was 99% my stuff) --and either threw it away, or put it in a container I can get to in the garage, or put it where it belonged. It took the whole evening...but now Kira has her own play area!!!
BEFORE
AFTER


Saturday, November 28, 2009
Don't Judge.
Posted by Stephanie at 10:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
ah I love the feeling of before and afters:)
Way fun for Kira! We loved having that same thing in our old house. It is perfect for all those toys! I bet she loves it!!
Nice! I bet she loves that little space to play in! Good on ya. It feels good to declutter, huh? One of my most fave things in life.
Post a Comment