Brooke tagged me! This is a picture of my best friend, Stephanie, and I 10 years ago.
So, I was looking through all of my pictures (which are not organized at all) and looking for ones from 1998. At this time I was at Rowan University working on my BA, and although classes, etc were a big part of my life, this is the time when Stephanie and I were attached at the hip. Besides classes and work, we were always together. We skipped class, went out to the club, went to the gym, worked the summer program a couple years, and just hung out allll the time. Like, all the time. She was a huge part of my life through college, and still is, and I don't know what I'd do without her. She's stuck by me through thick and thin (literally) and I'm so thankful that we are still friends after all these years. She and I taught a primary class together back in the day, and the little ones would call us "Sitter Johnson" and "Sitter Roberts" because they couldn't pronounce "Sister." So, from 10 years ago until now, Steph has always been my sitter. :) We always said we'd live in ranches next to each other. Um...so neither of us have ranches, and we live across the country from each other.....sad.
Okay....
5 Jobs I've Had
1. Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office
2. Enterprise Rent-A-Car
3. American Express
4. Gardener Village
5. Discover Card
5 Places I've visited
1. California (visit family)
2. St. Thomas (love it--where Stephanie got married)
3. Puerto Rico (umm...not so nice)
4. Hawaii (it's been a while, but I want to go back)
5. New York (I used to go all the the time, but Kenny and I went in '06--so fun!!)
5 Things on my TO DO list
1. Finish the laundry...a neverending task for me
2. Decorate letters for Kira's room
3. Organize my bills, important papers, etc.
4. Put new songs on my ipod
5. Pay bills
5 Things you may not know about me
1. I speak Spanish.
2. I love the sun. I seriously think the sun is therapy. I know, I know...wear sunscreen, etc. But, if I could, I'd be in the sun all day, every day. And, if I wasn't scared of skin cancer, I'd be in a tanning bed every day that I could.
3. I am absolutely paranoid about thinking I left the garage door open, or that I've left the straight iron plugged in the morning. I think I'm afraid that someone will steal all the stuff in my garage or get in my house or something. If I don't see the garage go down, and count to ten...I worry all day that it's open. And, some of you know this...but I'll air it all out--I totally take a picture of my straight iron unplugged with my camera phone so that if I panic and think that I left it plugged in later in the day, I'll have the picture to show I didn't. Yeah, I'm a little looney, I know. But, that's okay...right?
4. I have a spock ear. Is that how you spell it? I have this little bump on the top of my ear. It's not huge or crazy looking, but just enough so you can see it. My brother would call me spock-- I personally think it's hot.
5. I love to write. That's what I do when I'm bored, or upset, or happy, or tired. I write all the time. I don't always save what I write, or show it to anyone. But, that's my way of venting, figuring out feelings, and sorting out my thoughts. I always wanted to be an artist, or a writer. Maybe one day I will be. You know, when I'm rich and can say I'm a writer because I don't have to make money from it. :)
5 Things I am thankful for
1. My parents. I've never been one to be mushy with my parents and really tell them how much they mean to me. But, really...where would I be without them? I mean, seriously. They raised me, taught me, loved me, and helped me become the person that I am today. I have not always made the best decisions, but that is not because they have not taught me what is right. I am thankful that they helped me accomplish so much in my life and I hope that I make them proud.
2. My Husband. Kenny has done nothing but support me and love me in the years that I have met him. He has worked hard for Kira and I, and has put up with my craziness for years. I could not make it through each day without him and I am thankful for all that he does. I'm also thankful for his family who loves me like I was one of their own.
3. Kira. I never knew how much a child could change my life. Kira is my world, and I can't imagine my life without her. Don't get me wrong, I'm a tired and frustrated mom sometimes... But, to see her smile, grow, laugh, play, cry,....to see her do anything is amazing to me. I love her and will do anything for her.
4. My Friends. I would not be able to function in life without the support of my friends. There are those who I just hang out with who keep me entertained every day. There are those who I have had in my life for so many years, some of whom live so far away. There are those who I lean on almost daily. They are the ones who know my strengths, weaknesses, and have seriously been through so much with me. They know who they are, and I am thankful for them.
5. Chocolate. Let's be honest here. I LOVE, and when I say LOVE...I mean it. I love chocolate. I mean, seriously...I know it's not good for me. And I rarely eat it now. But, how could I have made it through break ups, pregnancy, or umm...you know, just really tough times without it?? ;)
Okay, I tag JULIE. That's right Julie...you have to do it this time. :)





2 comments:
That was so fun to read! So wierd how much changes in 10 years, huh? And you're right, we do love you like you're our own!!!
Steph,
You are awesome! Thanks for sharing with us... I am so thankful for you,
you have brought such joy to me....and the rest of our family.
You really do crack me up with how you say things, I LOVE IT!!!!
mOM jACKIE & g jACkiE
p.s. give my grand daughter a kiss for me!!! oh, and my son my son
Post a Comment