Saturday, August 28, 2010

It's been a while...

I feel like this is one of those pictures where Kira is just like her mommy. And, she represents in this picture how I feel right now. I just want to wear clothes that don't match. Sit out on the grass just because I can, [play all day and leave my toys everywhere...and stick my tongue out at the world, ya know?

It is no secret that I love to write. It is no secret that I love to take pictures... of myself, and of Kira. :) But, the last little while, I haven't taken as many pictures, and it's obvious...I haven't been writing-- on this blog atleast. But, I've falled off the wagon before...and I've gotten back on. It's just that each time I fall off, I don't think I ever will again. So, that's a lie, I've learned. So, I'll blog I guess when I feel like it...and I won't feel so overwhelmed to "catch back up." Although, I will eventually.

Okay, for the quick summary: I mean... It's been almost 5 months. So, I'll summarize and then go back and blog when I have the time and feel like it. :)

Kenny: Kenny is working hard, and working hard at playing when he can. :) He really does work hard for our family and he sacrafices a lot. That being said, he also gets his time to play. He went turkey hunting for several weekends-- but... sad... no turkey. He'll go deer hunting in October, and who knows what other animal he'll want to hunt for. I can't keep track really. He also, is the typical "guy" when it comes to working out in the garage. He currently has a truck in the driveway he's working on, and 3 bikes in the garage. I'm not sure which of those run, but he seems to enjoy just putting on his music and playing in the garage. I mean-- why not?

Me? I'm working. Yep. I work my 40 hours a week and not a minute more. I spend most of my time with Kira...and get to go and play with my friends. Kenny's been good about making sure I get to go do things that I want to. I'm also working on a goal I've set for the end of October-- and that's been something good for me to focus on and spend time working towards. It's been a while since I really decided to accomplish something that was hard to do-- and I'll go through with it. Rick is still ....sick. He's been doing .... ? I don't want to say better, or worse. He's had a few surgeries and had a rough time. But, I am proud of him for getting the treatment that he needs even though it's been really hard on he and his family. I hope and pray for him everyday to be 100% again...but I try to be realistic. It's an evil battle inside myself-- between denial and acceptance... believing in miracles-but trying to be realistic. I guess just not living by him and not being able to see him-- leaves me at a loss for how things are. I'm praying, crossing my fingers, etc... that he beats this crappy cancer. :(

Kira: She'll be 3 next month. Holy cow? Are you kidding me right now? This is so crazy. I'm going to have a 3 year old. Now-- she's STILL working on the potty training. It's getting frustrating. She'll be doing so well- and then she decides she wants to be a "baby" and just stops. We will GET IT DONE... eventually... :/ Grr. Kira really has been talking and learning and just is so fun. She uses new words every day. She loves to play with her friends. Whenever she sees any kids remotely her age she says "Hey mom, there my friends." She is just so sweet and loving. She likes to sing songs-- several of them little primary songs. She likes to go to church and play with the other kids. She loves her babysitter. She loves to pretend talk on the phone. She wants to color all the time now. She is sassy- more so than ever. When she says "no".... she really has no intention of doing whatever I've asked of her. She knows her numbers, and alphabet--mostly. :) Or, she knows them...and just wants to be silly sometimes is what I think is the case. She's got curly blonde hair, big blue eyes, and a smile that just melts everyone's heart. I really love this little girl, and although she drives me bonkers sometimes-- she is my adorable child and I love her more than anything.

We all went to New Mexico this summer to visit Kenny's family. I probably have 500 pictures from that trip....it was so much fun...and we were sad to come back. :( Otherwise, no other trips for us. Our next trip, other than maybe this winter to see my brother when he gets home from Afghanistan in December.... will be Newport Beach next summer. I know it's forever away. I know. That's okay. I'll start the countdown now. Woot! Woot!

Okay... there's a little summary. I know you're thinking... 5 months? And that's all you got? Be patient... it's been a rough year. :)

2 comments:

Jody said...

Glad to see you blogging again. I always like to read your posts. We'll be down in October to Park City, we'll have to catch up then. We can't believe Kira is almost 3! My girls can't wait to see her again.

Stephanie said...

So I'm looking back to see where I left off and I'm seeing pictures I already saw but noticing that I didn't comment and I don't really remember reading these posts. Then it hits me, FB strikes again. The same reason I haven't blogged in forever. I still can't tell where I left off. Anyway, I love this pic. Especially Kira's tutu!