Tuesday, April 6, 2010

How I felt for the last few months....

I'm back...oh boy...I'm BACK. Not only am I back to blogging...but I feel like me...Stephanie again. I've started to catch up on my blogging. Okay..I'm nowhere near being caught up...but, I'm BACK. Who's excited? Anyway--I've started updating my blog, and because I'm weird like this--my posts will be backdated so that I have some sense of order in my blog. I mean...blogs DO have to be orderly, right?

I've been in a funk. I've been in just a not so good "space." Life has been overwhelming to me. I mean, really--when is it not? But, this time--it was way too much for me. So, I took a break. I took a break from it all. I went to see my brother, went to visit my parents and my sister... took a few sick days off of work... and just .... well, I'm not sure what I did. But, whatever it is...I am over being in my own little world, and ready to be back to my normal silly, blogging, painting, crazy self.

I really am lucky for the family that I have...and for the good friends that I have. I don't have a million--but I do have a few that really have kept me sane, and let me be me. I love them for it.

So, what have we been up to? Don't you want to know?

Kenny--Working ... alot. He's been working on his bike, tinkering with truck that he was gifted from a darling dear friend of mine (wink), did the round robin tournament at the gun club... and he's getting excited to spend just about every weekend next month turkey hunting. Don't ask me about that excitement...but he's WAY excited.

Kira-- Miss Personality has been talk, talk, talking.... allll daaaaay long. And, she's learning her abc's, colors, numbers, etc. She has such a sense of humor. She laughs a lot. She LOVES to paint and color-on paper and on herself. She is getting along great at her "daycare." She loves to help me clean, and do laundry, and well...make the mess that needs cleaning. She wants to do everything herself. She is a little more picky and naughty when it comes to dinner time. If Duke isn't in his bed at dinner time, he gets a feast courtesy of Kira. She is SO loving, and loves to give kisses and hugs. Her cute little face just crumbles if she sees anyone sad, and her face lights up when she's being silly or excited. Don't get me wrong--she's a terror also. If it can be opened, she opens it and dumps it, or draws with it, or does whatever she isn't supposed to with whatever she can get her hands on. She has been sick a few times, and I'm SO ready for the warm weather which I hope helps her keep from getting sick so much.

Me-- Hmm. I've been working. Exciting, huh? I work... and I play with Kira. I have had a couple play dates. I've gone to see my brother, and my parents, and my sister. I've spent time with friends, and played Bunko. I love playing bunko--one of the highlights of my month. ha! I have been getting myself to the gym and/or walking with my girlfriend on lunch at work--that's helped me for sure with my stress levels. I've just updated my ipod with fun new songs, have a nice pair of running shoes...and I'm ready for the nice weather to get outside every day. I need the sunshine. Seriously--I need the sun!!!

I'm happy to report that Kenny and I are both employed...have a happy child, and are doing pretty well. We've both had our fun times with medical tests/procedures/sicknesses the last few months--but we are doing fine. And, well...things could be a lot worse so I'm thankful for the health we do have.

Amazing how much I can ramble when it's almost midnight. But, that's our family update for now. I'll play catch up-- and post my fun pictures from vacations, etc. I'm actually excited!!

2 comments:

Dimitri and Zachary said...

Very happy you are back! :)

Brooke said...

I just clicked on your name on my sidebar, not expecting anything, and was SO surprised to see updates!!! YAY! You and McKayle BOTH. What could be better ;). I feel like I haven't seen you forever, and that is a huge problem for me.