Friday, July 24, 2009

She's learning so much....

At Kira's last check up the doctor told me that by the time she's two, she needs to be able to use atleast 50 words on her own, and know what they mean. She's getting to be such a big girl...almost 2! So, I want to share with you, and well, just to keep it myself of the things she says all the time, or that she knows for sure.
No. No way. Mommy. Daddy. Grandma. Grandpa. Don't do it. Stop it. Owie. Hurt. Ouch. Yuck. Food. Noodles. Roni (macaroni). Milk. Water. Juice. Snack. Apple. Banana. Baby. Cryin'. Rainin'. Workin'. Shirt. Shoes. Pants. Bath. Pillow. Sleepin'. Puppy. Elephant. Kitty. Buckle. Outside. Inside. Up. Down. Out. Grape. Popcorn. Cracker. Cookie. Cheese. I want one. See ya. I love you. Open it. Close it. Keys. Phone. Pretty. Head. Eye. Ear. Back. Elbow. Shoulder. Wrist. Finger. Toe. Leg. Belly. Hair. Book. Eat it. Mine. Hit. Bye. Funny. Awesome. Cute. Cool. Blankie. Bottle. Drink. Color. Pen. Chip. The numbers one thru ten. Chicken. Cereal. Fry. Hot dog. T.V. Cycle (motorcycle) Nose. Potty. I'm sorry. Please. Thank you. Welcome. Bless you.
She's also making choices. It used to be when I asked her if she wanted water or milk she'd just repeat the last choice I gave her. Now, I ask her what she wants to drink, and she can tell me. Or, like the other day, I asked her if she wanted water or milk, she thought for a minute and said juice. So, of course I gave it to her.
She is a climber now--she likes to climb up on the kitchen table and stand there. She likes to climb up onto our bed...you have to step up little steps to get to it. She likes to dance, and jump, and she is great with other kids.
What I like most is seeing her learn. I'll say a word sometimes, and I can see her watching my mouth and try to say it back. Then I'll say it again, and she just watches so intently. It's adorable. I love her.

3 comments:

Lisa P. said...

wow that is so great! I hope H knows at least 50 words. Good idea about writing them down. :)

Stephanie said...

isn't amazing how life changes when you have a child. I continue to be in awe every day.

Niomi said...

Your one amazing mom to have such a great blog..and document all of her words! LOL Hope you meet ya'll one day!